6 Tips on Using Fiverr as a Buyer
I OCCASIONALLY SHARE MY TIPS, ADVICE AND STRATEGIES ON LEVERAGING FIVERR AS A SIDE-HUSTLE AND PLATFORM FOR SERVICES ON QUORA. HERE I ANSWER A COMMONLY ASKED QUESTION, TIPS ON USING FIVERR AS A BUYER (ESPECIALLY IF I AM NEW)
I have been on both sides of the coin on Fiverr - I am a buyer and seller on Fiverr. If you are bit wary about selecting someone to work with on Fiverr, use the following steps to help you make the best selection:-
- Request to see their portfolio or work related to your project. Their portfolio will prove if they are the fit for you. When browsing portfolio ask questions like, does their aesthetics and style matches the goal or style I am going for? If you are ordering visual design services such as website design and graphics - asking to view a portfolio is important.
- Read through recent comments and reviews (I’d say up to 3 months). Feedback is great but you should also bear in mind that sometimes some projects and partners don’t work out.
- Don’t go for cheap, go for quality! This point is very important as sometimes I often realize many persons go for cheap over quality and end up getting crappy work. Ordering cheap sometimes end up in spending more and wasting your time and resources. Despite what many think or say, there are many quality freelancers on Fiverr who take pride in their work and deliver at high quality.
- Be very clear in your communication. Being clear will help you identify if the Fiverr seller can give you what you want.
- Feel free to ask them to undertake part of your project at a rate (mind you, I didn’t say free). Give them something that will test if their deliverable is what you want. This is often my last option.
- Also, request a FREE consultation. Any great freelancer or provider who would like to learn more about their client's project will find the time for consultation even if it's 15 minutes. Through the consultation, ask questions, clarify project needs and goals and also use it as an opportunity to identify if you are a right fit!
Are you considering Fiverr or have you used it before? I'd be glad to answer questions on how best to leverage the platform.
I hope you find this useful. All the best with your project.